This blog is an online sketchbook – a series of Waymarking musings, ideas, proposals and research in the form of diagrams, drawings, photos, found images and text. It aims to engage those interested in the context and development of the cityscape / the urban environment, such as artists, architects, community activists, performers, urban designers & planners – in Waymarking’s development and activities.
WAYMARKING acts as a catalyst and an engine for;
- Facilitating communities to participate in exploring and developing their neighbourhoods
- Making connections and enabling dialogue and collaboration across disciplines
- Exploring performance/the performative in place-making and place-shaping
Waymarking has a programme and it provides services.
Waymarking’s programme focuses on performance in the built environment/public realm. It is about making, presenting, researching performance / performative work (including socially engaged practice) – that is dependent on the city, the cityscape and the built environment/public realm.
This work enacts its own meaning only when experienced/seen in the context of the fabric of the city and;
Its public spaces
Its private spaces
Its social history
Waymarking provides a range of services;
- arts & cultural consultancy
- arts & regeneration consultancy
- community development
- professional development/training
- projects and events development/management
- strategic development
- research & evaluation